The Art Of Creating Stories Game by Londji
The goal of this super creative game by Londji is to give children and families the tools to unleash their imaginations - the more original, the more daring, the more creative the better.
We've seen many storytelling tools, but this one is right up there... The story prompt cards are brilliant - seemingly simple at first glance, but on closer inspection actually full of little details to nudge the imagination. And unlike other storytelling games, sometimes you are asked to add another element into the story (Londji call them rhythms! 🤗) which encourage you to add an unexpected twist, or a problem, or throw in a description or some dialogue. And, ingeniously, you could roll the 'end-of-story' side of the dice... and this means your story could end at any moment - all the more reason to pack as much mad creative energy into each turn as you can!
- That this game can be played either as a written version or a verbal version, so children who are big on imagination but not so great with a pencil can really excel too
- The beautiful card deck and the clever prompts
- Up to 6 players are recommended, but we think you could do more... perhaps in teams! (This would make a great party activity.) A child could also play alone with a guiding adult.
- That this would be a great game for children who find sharing and accepting ideas in imaginative play difficult, or who always need to be in control of role play games
- That there are no losers - everyone wins as they broaden their imagination and creativity!
- Age: Box recommends 8+, but we think this is super from 5, or even 4 years.
- Game Time - About 15 minutes... sometimes more, sometimes less.
- FSC paper and recycled cardboard
- Queralt Armengol
- 16,5x16,5x5 cm
- in english, french, german. italian, spanish & catalan