My Small World Terms and Conditions
My Small World is a trading name of My Small World Online, a partnership registered at 8 Pickwick, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 0HZ.
Our aim is to provide an exemplary service, where human beings take the time and effort to provide you with gorgeous toys and games for your family and friends. We will, in all aspects, endeavour to solve problems (which will occasionally occur…) as quickly and efficiently as possible, with the minimum of fuss for you.
For the avoidance of doubt, we have outlined our Terms and Conditions below.
(a) read these standard terms of business before placing an order;
(b) retain a copy for your records; and
- The definitions in this clause apply in the terms and conditions set out in this document:
force majeure event: shall have the meaning given in paragraph 9.
goods: the products that we are selling to you as set out on your order.
order: your order for the goods.order confirmation: shall have the meaning set out in paragraph 2.5.
terms: the terms and conditions set out in this document.
writing: or written includes faxes and e-mail.
- Headings do not affect the interpretation of these terms.
Basis of Sale
- These terms and the order are considered by us to set out the whole agreement between you and us for the sale of the goods. Please check that the details in the terms or on the order are complete and accurate before you commit yourself to the contract. If you think that there is a mistake, please make sure that you ask us to confirm any changes in writing, as we only accept responsibility for statements and representations made in writing by our authorised employees and agents. Please ensure that you read and understand these terms before you submit the order, because you will be bound by the terms once a contract comes into existence between us, in accordance with paragraph 2.5.
- Any samples, drawings, descriptions or advertising we issue, and any colours, descriptions, images or illustrations contained in on our website or in our mini-brochures (whether online or in hard copy form), are published solely to provide you with an approximate idea of the goods they describe. They do not form part of the contract between you and us or any other contract between you and us for the sale of the goods.
- If any of these terms are inconsistent with any term of or instruction in the order, the terms in the order shall prevail.
- The order is an offer by you to enter into a binding contract, which we are free to accept or decline at our absolute discretion.
- These terms shall become binding on you and us when we issue you with written acceptance of an order (order confirmation) at which point a contract shall come into existence between us.
- We shall assign an order number to the order and inform you of it in the order confirmation. Please quote the order number in all subsequent correspondence with us relating to the order.
- If you are a consumer (acting outside your business), you may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. This does not apply to the following:
(a) Personalised goods;
(b) Perishable goods;
(c) Goods made to your specification;
(d) Opened sealed software, CDs, DVDs etc;
(e) The goods are clearly personalised; or
(f) If you are not a consumer.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities. You will be subject to the policies and terms in force at the time that you order the goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms is required by law or government or regulatory authority (in which case, it will apply to orders you have previously placed that we have not yet fulfilled).
- These terms do not affect your legal rights. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or trading standards office.
- We shall not be liable for any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, if you use the goods in a way that we or the manufacturers do not recommend, you fail to follow the manufacturer’s and/or our instructions, or any alteration or repair you carry out without our prior written approval.
- We will take reasonable steps to pack the goods properly and to ensure that you receive your order in good condition.
- These terms apply to any repaired or replacement goods we supply to you in the unlikely event that the original goods are faulty or do not otherwise conform with these terms.
- Unless otherwise stated, we will aim to procure delivery to you within twenty eight calendar days of the date set out in the order or on which we notify you that they are ready.
- Delivery of the order shall be completed when the goods are delivered to you.
- Please note that the goods may be delivered direct from our suppliers. Occasionally the delivery date may be affected by factors beyond our or our suppliers control and so cannot be guaranteed. We will aim to let you know if we become aware of an unexpected delay and will arrange a new delivery date with you.
- If we are not able to deliver the whole of the order at one time due to operational reasons or shortage of stock, we will deliver the order in instalments. We will not charge you extra delivery costs for this. If you ask us to deliver the order in instalments, we may charge you extra delivery costs. Each instalment shall constitute a separate contract. If we are late delivering an instalment or one instalment is faulty, that will not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
Defective Goods and Returns
- In the unlikely event that the goods do not conform with these terms and the order, please let us know as soon as possible after delivery. Subject as set out below, we may ask you to return the goods to us at our cost and once we have checked that the goods are faulty, we may:
(a) provide you with a full or partial refund; or
(b) replace the goods; or
(c) repair the goods.
- These terms will apply to any repaired or replacement goods we supply to you.
- We hope that you will be pleased with your purchase, however you may return your order within seven working days of delivery in accordance with your cancellation rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. For the avoidance of doubt we will not refund your delivery costs when a product is simply unwanted.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be responsible for delivery costs for the return of goods that have been dispatched outside the United Kingdom.
Title and Risk
- The goods will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the goods will only pass to you when we receive payment in full of all sums due for the goods, including delivery charges.
Price and Payment
- The price of the goods will be as set out in the quotation we provided to you or, if we have not provided a quotation or the quotation has expired, in our price list in force at the time we confirm your order. Prices are liable to change at any time, but price changes will not affect orders that we have confirmed in writing.
- These prices include VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of the order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the goods in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- These prices exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be liable for any export or import duties, taxes etc. arising as a result of the goods being sent to a destination outwith the United Kingdom.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the goods we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where the goods' correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the goods to you. If the goods' correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the goods, or reject the order and tell you. For the avoidance of doubt, particularly if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing, we do not have to provide the goods to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- Payment for all goods must be made in at time of order by credit or debit card at the time of ordering. We accept payment with Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Solo, Maestro and Visa Electron.
Limitation of Liability
- Subject to paragraph 8.2, if either of us fails to comply with these terms, neither of us shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with these terms.
- Neither of us shall be responsible for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms including, but not limited to, losses that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of anticipated savings;
(d) loss of data; or
(e) any waste of time.
However, this paragraph 8.2 shall not prevent claims for foreseeable loss of, or damage to, your physical property.
- This clause does not include or limit in any way our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
(d) losses for which it is prohibited by section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to limit liability; or
(e) any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any defamatory, misleading, offensive or otherwise inappropriate content of any goods supplied by us. You are deemed to have satisfied yourself as to the nature and type of goods to be purchased before placing an order with us. No liability is accepted by us for any offence, or loss you may suffer as a result of the content of the goods. We will be happy to give you details of the manufacturers or our suppliers on request.
- Save as provided in paragraph 8.3, our liability to you under this agreement will not exceed the total value of the order.
Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (force majeure event).
- A force majeure event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following:
(a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; or
(b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; or
(c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; or
(d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
(e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; or
(f) failure by our suppliers to supply the goods to us which are required to fulfil your order.
- Our obligations under these terms are suspended for the period that the force majeure event continues, and we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the force majeure event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these terms can be performed despite the force majeure event. If we have been unable to resolve a force majeure event within three months we shall be entitled to cancel your order without penalty save for refunding to you the purchase price you have paid.
You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
All notices sent by you to us must be sent to My Small World Online, 8 Pickwick, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 OHZ. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us in the order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served on you 24 hours after an e-mail is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail that the e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and/or the order are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, that term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If we fail, at any time while these terms are in force, to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms, or if we do not exercise any of our rights or remedies under these terms, that will not mean that we have waived such rights or remedies and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, that will not mean that we will automatically waive any subsequent default by you. No waiver by us of any of these terms shall be effective unless we expressly say that it is a waiver and we tell you so in writing.
- We do not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may only use our website and submit an order under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- These terms shall be governed United Kingdom law and we both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are ordering goods to be sent to a destination outside the United Kingdom you should satisfy yourself that your order complies with the laws of that country.
We use the information you provide us with, to:
- administer your account and for this purpose, we may disclose your details to our third party service providers/ suppliers for the purpose of processing your order and inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers that we may offer;
- contact you if there are any problems with your order; and
- for market research purposes and to improve your shopping experience with us.
We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
2 Disclosure of Your Information
We may pass your information to third parties as follows:
b) Business transfers
In the unlikely event that My Small World Online or substantially all of its assets are sold, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets, and you are deemed to have accepted that.
c) Fraud prevention
We may release customer account and other personal information to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Standard Terms of Business and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Pedlars, our customers and others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
d) Other Third Parties
We may share your information with other carefully selected companies or organisations in order that they may inform you of their products and services. If you do not want your information to be used in this way, please confirm so at the end of the privacy section or inform us in writing.
All reasonable endeavours have been made to ensure that all transaction information is encrypted. You are recommended to check the lower bar of your browser when you fill in your payment details for an unbroken key or closed lock, highlighting that encryption is active and your information should be secure.
My Small World is a store dedicated to fantastic children’s products. However, we don’t sell toys for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use My Small World under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
5 Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or to ask us not to pass on your details to third party companies and organisations. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at My Small World, 8 Pickwick, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 0HZ or email
6 Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.